End of year is, as always, great opportunity to expand home studio. There are plenty of deals available – most of them are listed here. Since I’m a synth freak 😉 I’ll just write down the most interesting software synth deals.
– Image-Line all plugins for 45 $
– AudioRealism – 30 % off all plugins and bundles
– FXpansion – Geist, DCAM Synth Squad, and Tremor for $99 each (instead 249 $)
– SonicProjects – Up to 40% discount on OP-X, OP-X PRO-II, Stringer
– SynapseAudio – ie. Dune for 99 $
– Wusik – Wusikstation V6 with 15 GB sound library for … 9,99 $
– Linplug – 33 % off all plugins (ie. Albino, CrX 4, Octopus, MorphoX)
– KV331 Audio – Synthmaster synth 25 % off
– Dmitry Sches – Diversion for 89 $ instead of 169 $
– East West – 50 % off all (?) their plugins / libraries
What would I buy (if i didn’t have some of these synths) ? hmm Wusikstation V6 for 9.99 $ is great deal, especially if you’re on the budget and you don’t have any Romplers in your arsenal. Sure, the presets are hit or miss but still 15 GB of presets is definitely worth 9.99 $.
Then I would buy Synthmaster – maybe the sale is not a huge one (25 % off) but it’s the “best software instrument in 2012) by MusicRadar (which is pretty much a Computer Music magazine) and seriously, with testimonials coming from Armin Van Buuren or Martin Solveig you really can’t go wrong 🙂
Some synths from Image-Line look tempting too. Harmor seems to be a great synth for all Dubstep, Wobbles / Robotic Voices lovers. Toxic Biohazard is a synth I personally love – 6 oscillators + FM matrix + a lot of oscillator waveforms = veeeery flexible synth. I remember that when I was designing pop / dance soundbank for it, I could quite easily replicate sounds from some popular artist such as Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Kesha, Nadia Ali, LFMAO, Pryda, David Guetta, Wynter Gordon and it was quick, without tweaking hundreds of knobs / sliders.
Personally, I’m tempted with Groove Machine, but at the moment, I don’t know anything about it – need to find some reviews and demo it first 🙂 Same applies to Morphine.
If you’re into romplers, huge sample libraries then East West sale looks great too. FXpansion DCAM Synth Squad is very nice too – I own it and I really like Strobe – perfect for rough bass lines. But I don’t use other DCAM synths, to be honest (probably because of CPU hit – my computer is quite old 🙂 ).
Overall, spent your money wisely – it’s very easy to become a virtual synths collector 😉 (nothing wrong with it, I actually like it 😉 ).